The Women’s Emergency Care service provides direct clinical care for women with emergency maternity and gynaecology problems, and emergency care for newborns who were born at the Women's.
The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please note that we cannot provide advice over the telephone.
Health issues treated
- Emergency maternity and gynaecological problems
- Emergency care for newborns who were born at the Women's
What we do
We provide the following services:
- Immediate assessment and treatment for women with conditions relating specifically to pregnancy and gynaecological issues that require emergency treatment
- Assessment and monitoring women in early labour
- Assessment and monitoring of women with abnormal vaginal bleeding, or severe or sudden pelvic pain
- A service to provide coordinated and specialised care of women experiencing pain or bleeding in early pregnancy